January 15, 2019: The Redstone Center submitted a public comment urging the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to include research objectives that seek to:
- measure equity across the social determinants of health, including the impact of racism and racial inequality on health;
- reduce the incidence and impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs);
- increase the amount of physical activity (including physical education and active recess) that children in kindergarten through eighth-grade have each day at school;
- reduce unhealthy food environments (i.e. food deserts and food swamps); and
- increase the evidence-based treatment of obesity among eligible adults.